Saturday, August 29, 2009

Never Falling Apart (Starbucks Entry #2)


I've known my bestfriend, Cel for more than two years now. We were in the same organization; a singing group that I joined in when I was about to enter my junior year in college. We didn't actually hit it off as friends, she was one of the older ones in the group (seniority in the organization! Not of age haha when she graduated she was the longest staying member of Innersoul ever haha!) and I was a new one so I bonded with the newer girls since we talk about the same stuff, even though I am classmates with Cel in 2 of my subjects that term I think. I don't actually know when or where did all these best friend thing started to happen but what I know is that those two girls I was close with left the group (Pam migrated to Australia, and Mara just suddenly wasn't attending rehearsals) and technically, we were the two oldest girl members. To make it short, we became the best of friends. Most of our time together as bestfriends were spent literally being together EVERYDAY, because aside from having the same organization, we were also classmates, we were both officers in our last year in college, and we even graduated together. When we're not together (during SOME of the weekends), we constantly text each other or call or anything. We're pretty much like the boyfriend of each other and people jokingly think that way too.

Eventually after graduating, she was the first one (between the two of us) to get a job at a very well known company. But even after starting to work, we'd communicate everyday through text, sometimes calls, but of course as months flew by she became busier. A lot more things were needed to be done, and to top it all off, sha had a new world. Yes, we still text everyday but of course texts are getting fewrer everyday. Don't get me wrong, I understand that. But you see, I'm scared. I'm leaving in a little over a month, and I'm scared! Scared that we'll fall apart, scared that I won't have her anymore when I'm gone, that we'll lose contact and all those things, and I KNOW i don't want that. I don't wanna lose my bestfriends; I don't wanna lose her. We may have a lot of differences in beliefs in general, but that wasn't ever a problem between us. In fact, I can't remember a single thing we really fought over with. We support each other. We love each other. She's my "girly girl" bestfriend; my shopping buddy,my cyber stalking partner (haha!), my duet partner, my manicure-pedicure,naicha loving twin. MY TWIN! MY "BOYFRIEND". :)

Luckily we spent time together yeaterday here at home, watching DVDs, and our 10th year concert, reminiscing about everything and everyone, laughing and all.. I realized, WE'RE NOT GONNA FALL APART AFTERALL. :)


0 comments: