Saturday, July 18, 2009

Word for Today

In Facebook, I am part of the group I am CHRISTian --- 777,777,777 CHRISTIANS.

Almost everyday, someone sends us a message that gives us this "Word for the Day". It may be a short short story and a verse connected to it, or simply a verse. I would just like to share to you this message:

A Life Of Not Living

First, I was dying to finish high school.
Then, I was dying to finish college.
Next, I was dying to marry and have children.
After that, I was dying for my children to grow up enough so that I could return to work.
Then, I was dying to retire
And now,
I am dying,

And suddenly,
I realize
I forgot to live.

“Live life to its fullest (Godly way), treasure every moment, enjoy what you have TODAY! Because TOMORROW may no longer come...”

In our world today, we're always used to the fast paced life, that's why snail mails are replaced by E-MAIL, telagrams are replaced with TELEPHONES or better yet CELLPHONES, even in courtship, the guys before usually have to visit a girl to be able to talk to them and woo them (haha) but now, text messaging makes that a lot more easier, and so forth. We always want to get things done the fastest it can be, without realizing that maybe we are missing some parts of our lives. I, for one, am thi kind of person who, even as a young girl, wanted to just grow up and be independent because I didn't want my strict parents getting in the way of how to live my life. Now, I do understand why they are doing that, although we often see things in a different way, at least I am able to understand the "why's" in their actions; it may be overboard a couple of times, but what can I say? I think I wouldn't be the person that I am now if it weren't for them. Sure, you'll still see my post about maybe bashing them or just letting out my thoughts whenever we have misunderstandings, but the thing is, at the end of the day, they still are my parents who'll always be there no matter what, how, when and why.

Anyway what I'm saying is simply to not rush through life, yes, live life to the fullest, in a Godly way. I know, people of this generation are struggling to live a Godly lifestyle, and even I'm part of that. I have and am faced with circumstances that exposes me to so much temptation, some I've denied, some I've given in, and I'm not proud of it. Now I just feel like it's never too late to change so I am changing for the better, for I want to learn to grow spiritually. :)

MATTHEW 6:34 ---
"Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own..."


0 comments: