Friday, March 7, 2008

Going Gaga over Gossip Girl

Everyone's talking about Gossip Girl! Or every girl at least. :)



A few months ago, I have already heard my friend talk about Gossip Girl. I never thought that it was a TV series though, but a magazine or something else not really worth my time.



Then January came and I was thinking of a "character" for our February concert's poster and that friend suggested I go for the "fashionista" look and showed me a picture of the stars of Gossip Girl [4th episode specifically, when S and B went shopping and saw Dan], and I didn't quite like their style [Blair's actually], and therefore went for another "character".



And then, I came across this TV show that's been airing at ETC now, and I'm really really loving it! I love the way they dress and basically I love the storyline. I've been downloading the episodes on the net, eager to see what will happen next...

I remember how Kenji and I talked about how we can really relate to the story, not because we're part of "The Elite" [because we're/I'm not, but maybe the others, or maybe majority of the people at school], but because of all the GOSSIP. Being a student artist in school isn't as easy as people think it is. We may have some privileges, but being in there entails so much more aside from all the rehearsals and performances. In order to "survive", one needs to have a tough heart and mind to be able to get past all the gossips, may it be true or not, and be able to stand firm to defend yourself and keep yourself from falling... that's what I learned.



Like what gossip girl said [or at least what I heard]: "You're a nobody until you've been talked about."


0 comments: